FILLO PASTRY – BULK
Fashionably Mediterranean and healthily low in fat, paper thin fillo pastry is becoming more and more popular as an alternative to the more traditional puff and shortcrust pastries. The word fillo is Greek for “leaf” and is an evocative way of describing the light crispiness of the pastry at its best. With its origins in southern Europe and the Middle East, there are many arguments as to the origins of the pastry.
The distinguishing characteristic of fillo pastry is that it traditionally is made without any shortening or fat. Unlike puff pastry that relies on the fat content within the pastry to obtain a “layering” effect once it is cooked, with fillo pastry the end user of the product determines what type and what quantity of shortening/fat is used in any recipe. The layering effect with fillo pastry is achieved by layering the desired number of sheets of pastry for any given recipe.
Long gone are the days when fillo pastry was only seen as being associated with traditional Greek style desserts and savouries such as baklava and spinach pie. Today, cooks are limited only by their imagination as to how they can incorporate fillo pastry into new and exciting dishes. It lends itself well to creating pastry parcels and wraps in all different shapes and sizes.
For more information visit www.antonioufillo.com.au
Our Foodservice Pack is available in 6 different size sheets and also in both regular style fillo pastry and in thick & wet style fillo pastry. The size options (approx size only as variances will occur) are as follows:
Size 001 – 430mm x 280mm
Size 002 – 430mm x 560mm
Size 003 – 430mm x 860mm
Size 004 – 860mm x 860mm
Size 005 – 860mm x 560mm
Size 006 – 860mm x 280mm
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg – Reg No.1
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg –No. 3 Wet
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 16kg – No. 1 Thick
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg – Reg No. 2
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 16kg – No. 2 Thick
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg – Reg No. 3
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 16kg – No. 3 Thick
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg –No. 4 Wet
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg – Reg No. 5
- Antoniou Filo Pastry Bulk 15kg –No. 5 Wet
- Antoniou Kataifi Bulk 8kg